Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oscars! Oscars! Read all about it!

It is an exciting day today, why?


Because the Oscar nominations came out today.


Avatar” (Craziest movie of all time) leads the race with nine nominations and that includes best picture, best director, and best cinematography. “The Hurt Locker” also has nine nominations that include best picture, actor in a leading role and best original screenplay (but, I haven’t actually heard of this movie until now)


I would make predictions of who I think would win, but I don’t think it’s fair since I have only seen two (Avatar and The Blind Side) out of the ten movies nominated. Right?


Rather...


I would like to talk about my love for the Oscars and everything about it. I love the glitz, the glam, who’s going to be there, what they are wearing and so on. Oh and yes, I will have a post-Oscars blog!!


I remember being in Los Angeles a few years back and one of the things I really wanted to do is go to the Kodak Theatre because that is where the Oscars are held and walk the streets where the Hollywood Walk of Fame is located. When I got there, I didn’t think it would be such a long street and there were stars in areas that walking should not be permitted (aka “the Ghetto”), but I walked as far as my legs took me or it was more like, I quit after the names started being unfamiliar to me! Lol.


Pictures from the Kodak Theatre when I was there Summer of '07



Cool right?!? This was actually the day before the 2007 American Idol finale, I totally wanted to watch, but my flight back home was the next day. BOO-URNS!


But one day I hope, I can go to Hollywood and just watch some kind of award show or even the Oscars! Sounds like a plan to me! Who is with me?!?


Anyways, CLICK HERE to see the full list of all nominations for the 2010 Oscars. Enjoy!


Rose :)


No comments:

Post a Comment