Thursday, February 25, 2010

Olympic Obsession - I Believe

I BELIEVE!!

Like many, I have been glued to my television screen due to the Olympics and since it is being held in Canada this year, I have to say, I'm pretty proud to be Canadian! With Alexandre Bilodeau's first gold medal win for Canada, the "I Believe" song (which I posted above), to Joannie Rochette's emotional skate two days after the death of her mother, these Olympics have been a whirlwind of emotions.

I've watched and followed sports that I thought I would have never enjoyed watching before and I have fallen in love with athletes because of their Olympic journey!


I am in love with these Olympics, or more obsessed with them!


I literally PVR everything and anything and make sure I don't miss any gold medal action in any sport. :)


But then again, the Olympics are not perfect by any means, but I'd have to say, those added controversies make it that more interesting!


Let me give you some examples:


Sven Kramer, Olympic speedskater who competes from the Netherlands, exploded towards an NBC reporter after she asked him to look into a camera and tell viewers who he is, what he does and so on. This offended him and responded by saying "Are you stupid?" to the reporter.


Here is the video below






Then there is Dale Begg-Smith (pictured below, hes the angry looking one), a Canadian (who coincidently was born in Vancouver, BC) who competes for Australia. He won the silver medal in moguls behind Alexandre Bilodeau. When he first arrive in Canada, he snubbed Canadian media and only spoke with Australian reporters. His excuse was, he only does what he was told.


To read the full article about his snub, CLICK HERE!



I think these Olympics just get better and better everyday (with or without the controversies) and I wish it would never end!


But, if you want to see more drama over the past Olympics, CLICK HERE (courtesy of businessinsider.com) for the top 12 Worst Olympic controversies/PR disasters!


Rose :)

No comments:

Post a Comment