Monday, November 9, 2009

Oprah is Cheap-O-supreme-O: FALSE ALLEGATIONS

UPDATE:

So the Oprah story BELOW, which I had posted last night, is ABSOLUTELY FALSE.

To be a credible blogger, I guess I should be getting my facts straight!

I made a choice of leaving my original post up and providing my kind readers of what actually went down.

For more information on what really happened, CLICK HERE!

Sorry, guys!

Rose :(
-----

So I was reading through various blogs today and came across one really interesting and hilarious topic (well in my opinion it was lol funny).

What topic exactly am I talking about?

Its the queen of talk show, Ms. Oprah Winfrey being a Cheap-o-supreme-o when tipping at restaurants and only giving 10% when she goes out to eat.

As PR Junkie put it, Oprah, WTF?

According to PR Junkie,

Apparently, a couple months ago Oprah told her viewers they can tip their waiters just 10 percent, due to the lousy economy. Right now the Facebook group has 52,000 members. Here’s what one server in the group had to say about the incident:

I am a mother of two young girls whose husband has been out of work since January! Since Oprah opened her big fat mouth the money at my work has been horrible! How dare her tell people such a thing! I hope she is happy that my girls won't have the Christmas they deserve thanks to her stupid comments and all the stupid PEONS that listen to her!!!!

Tipping in the States is very different from tipping in Canada, or at least Winnipeg. It seems like when I'm travelling down south, tipping can not be less than 15% on any amount on your bill or that would just be seen as rude. While here in the city of Winnipeg, I usually tip between 10% to 15%, that i think is the regular for my city, well unless I'm just cheap, but then again, I am from Winnipeg, the place where everyone likes to look for deals, including myself :P

Anyways back to my topic, it seems like Oprah has pissed off some people ( or at least the 52,932 people on the Facebook group called "1 Million Servers Strong Against Oprah's Comments"), that may include some of her fans.

Here are a couple comments posted on the Facebook page:

"Is she fuckin kidding me 10 percent I wont even give customers ice cubes if they start pulling that shit. We bust our assess and handle all of our business with those tips she should probably wait tables a day and then she would understand."

"shes a douchedbag she don't even know how to work hard. Just shut up oprah."

"It is obvious that Oprah has never worked for tips. Servers are not guarantee a living wage in Missouri. It is easy for the very rich to take from the struggling folks, no skin off her nose. 10% was not a good tip 15 years ago what is she thinking, whoops shes not! I say we request she spend a few days waiting tables, then lets hear her tune!"


"A woman with all the G*d damn money would want to act like she has some class!!! I mean,really????10%??? Oh yeah my hourly wage should make up for your half ass tip rite? NO! Because good ol Uncle Sam wants his cut of my $5 a hour!! Jeez America! Let's not forget that we have bills,families,children,and we need to make a living just like everyone else! If you intend on saving money_ take the $30 you plan on spending on your meal and go to the grocery store & cook your own meal. Spare me the aggrevation n leave my table open for the next party!"

OUCH! Some hurtful words for the divine Ms. O.

She sure should address this issue on her show or at least her magazine if she doesn't want the 52,932 servers to be spitting in her food anytime soon.

Really Oprah, 20% of your next restaurant bill is probably chump change compared to the billions you have in the bank!

Just sayin'.....TIP MORE!

Rose :)

No comments:

Post a Comment