Sunday, November 22, 2009

Yes, I'm one of them...


What am I exactly? A Twi-Hard!

Lol.

So I went to see the second "Twilight" movie last night, New Moon, with a theatre full of screaming teenagers and the girl behind me in line even brought the book with her to the screening (ya, I don't know either).

For those of you who don't know what this movie is about, Here is a brief plot summary courtesy of imdb.com:

After Bella recovers from the vampire attack that almost claimed her life, she looks to celebrate her birthday with Edward and his family. However, a minor accident during the festivities results in Bella's blood being shed, a sight that proves too intense for the Cullens, who decide to leave the town of Forks, Washington for Bella and Edward's sake. Initially heartbroken, Bella finds a form of comfort in reckless living, as well as an even-closer friendship with Jacob Black. Danger in different forms awaits.

So what did I think of the movie? Pretty good.

I know the movies will never compare to the books, but it does give you the visuals of it all.

The acting got a teeny bit better especially from Kristen Stewart, who is a really good runner and screamer, since that is what she mostly did in the movie. Robert Pattinson and the rest of the cast were amazing, especially Billy Burke, who plays Bella's dad. He was really good at providing humour in the movie and his awkward sense of humour gave the audience a good laugh. There were really cheesy and laughable parts in the movie, due in part, to the bad acting and just how the characters don't fit in with certain scenes (don't worry, I'm not going to kill it).

So what was the best part(s) in the movie: Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner) and his lack of clothing (CLICK HERE to see what I'm talking about). For the majority of the movie, he is shirtless along with his pack of werewolves (who are also not that bad to look at) which made the movie that much greater.

This movie after all focuses on the story of Jacob and Bella since Edward leaves her in the beginning.

So if you like movies with shirtless men (well in the case of Jacob, boys) then this movie is for you! ha!

So as of right now, I'm Team Jacob. Not because he was shirtless throughout the movie, but because his character is more lovable than Robert Pattinson's character Edward (hey, I'll probably change my mind when Eclipse comes out, which is my favorite book out of the four).

What else did I like? The action scene in Italy was pretty cool and Dakota Fanning also appeared in the movie and I thought she made a very good vampire. Oh and she's totally not a kid anymore since the last movie I seen her in was I am Sam.

Anyways, the November 20th opening made the film the highest grossing single day sales ever, racking in $72.7 million at the box office. (Not surprised at all).

According to Perezhilton.com, New Moon is expected to pull in $125 million this weekend which will place the movie at #4 on the list of the top-grossing opening weekend films. New Moon falls short behind The Dark Knight at number 1 with 158.4 million, Spider-Man 3 at number 2 with $151 million, and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest at number 3 with 135.6 million.

I'm just glad I somewhat helped with the success of the film by watching it this weekend! (lol, ya right)

Rose :)

No comments:

Post a Comment